Installing rpm-build using yum

vasantha.pothabattula at wipro.com vasantha.pothabattula at wipro.com
Tue Apr 11 09:28:28 UTC 2006

Hi,
Thank you Roger and Paul for your support .

We have checked our naming service everything is fine .
Now its giving a new error "Timed out"

# yum install rpm-build
Repository core is listed more than once in the configuration
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
core
[1/3]
http://209.132.176.220/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/repodata/repomd.x
ml
<http://209.132.176.220/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/repodata/repomd.
xml> : [Errno 12] Timeout: <urlopen error timed out>
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: core
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from core: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from core: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.

We tried curl -v option also even it didnt open the url

# curl -v
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/repoda
ta/repomd.xml
<http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/repod
ata/repomd.xml>
* getaddrinfo(3) failed for download.fedora.redhat.com:80
* Couldn't resolve host 'download.fedora.redhat.com'
* Closing connection #0
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'download.fedora.redhat.com'

Can you suggest something like what should be done in this case .

Thanks & Regards,
Vasantha.