Switching my stock Apple (white) keyboard in FC5.

Brian Durant brian at durant.dk
Tue Apr 11 16:27:48 UTC 2006

I have purchased a stock (white) Apple USB keyboard with Danish language
layout that I would like to replace the stock (white) Apple USB keyboard
(US) keyboard that I'm using now, to make it easier for me to access the
extra Danish letters in FC 5 PPC.

How do I switch the layout so that I get the Danish layout correctly
both in runlevel 3 and in runlevel 5? I tried this about 2 years ago
with FC 3 on a PC and I could never get the keyboard layout correctly
from the moment I booted in the command line. This is important if (for
example) you have a problem with the GUI freezing and have to run FC 5
from runlevel 3 to solve the problem.

What is a stock (white) Apple USB keyboard that comes with a G5 listed
as (dk, dk-latin1, Macintosh, Macintosh old, etc.)? I simply couldn't
find a keymap, for any language, that fits this extremely popular
keyboard, that comes with all G5, iMac G5, etc. Apple computers.

Cheers,

Brian