auch, postgresql

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Tue Apr 11 20:39:07 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 22:26, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > remove new version, install old version or move the files to a system
> > with the old version of postgresql or restore from backup because you do
> > backup postgresql files using pg_dump right?
>
> Moving the files to a system with the old version and dumping as text
> was what I did to recover my LDAP addressbook, which had the same
> problem with underlying database formats when I upgraded to FC5. Missed
> that in the release notes somehow...

I have no FC4 box left since this was the last box I upgraded.
I'll try installing the FC4 packages and hope that works. If it does it may
save me some hassle to manually enter all data again. If it doesn't work than
I'll start my database from scratch and let this be a lesson for my next
upgrade.

regards,
Marcel