'yum --enablerepo' command (Newbie).

Ingemar Nilsson init at pdc.kth.se
Wed Apr 12 13:44:03 UTC 2006

Brian Durant <brian at durant.dk> writes:

> I am a Fedora Core 5 PPC64 user and am curious about the 'yum
> --enablerepo' command.

As have already been said on this list, enablerepo enables repositories
that are disabled for some reason (look for disabled=yes in the repo files
in /etc/yum.repos.d). I use enablerepo to install specific RPMs that are
only available from the Livna repository, such as the ATI and nVidia
drivers. I normally keep the Livna repository disabled since I use the
FreshRPMS repository instead, and it isn't compatible with Livna.

Regards
Ingemar