HP Pavilion LapTop, AMD Turion 64 cpu

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Apr 12 23:00:49 UTC 2006

On Monday 10 April 2006 00:21, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> writes:
>> I just bought this thing, and have spent the evening doing a little
>> housecleaning and exploring using the deafult XP Home edition OS
>> thats on it, and trying to get used to the 'mouse' tablet as a
>> navigator tool and have a few questions.  And please excuse me but
>> this is the first 'windoze' machine I've ever bought.
>
>I just did the same thing with a different HP Turion-based laptop
>(Compaq v5000z).  The steps I took were:
>
>1) boot the stock os and run the defragmention tool.
>2) download the "gpartd" iso and burn onto cd/dvd.

I got this far, downloading and burning the "System_Rescue_disk", which
contains a progam called run_qtparted on it.
>3) boot the gpartd dvd and reduce the first partition size to
>   something much lower.
Booted ok, ran run_qtparted on a 1024x768 screen, and resized /dev/hda1
down to about 25GB.  Unforch, regardless of the size I leave /dev/hda1,
about 5 seconds after clicking OK, to (I assume) commit the changes to
the drive, it comes back with this message in a box:

"Filesystem check failed!  Totally 1 cluster accounting mismatches."

I have now gone around this bush till the ground is bare under my feet.

The prompt at the command line shell says root at sysresccd

Did I get the wrong tool disk or ???

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: