Video editing

Dan Dennedy ddennedy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 00:40:23 UTC 2006

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak <at> rogers.com> writes:
> The conversion reveals a blurry line along the bottom of the video.  I
> know why it's caused, but what I don't know is how to remove it. Kino
> doesn't appear to have an option to crop the frame, or to let me put a
> black strip across that bit to hide it.

Kino 0.8.0 has FX/Video Filter/Superimpose which can overlay a thin black
rectangle. Or, the KinoPlus plugin has a zoom and pan function to slightly zoom
and move the image to deal with it. KinoPlus is an under-maintained addon,
unfortunately, so I can not help you with that. (I am looking to adopt some
KinoPlus functionality in a slightly revised fashion officially within Kino
later in the year for its planned 1.0 release.)