Problem on installing/running FC5 64 bit

yonas abraham yonas at erimp3.com
Thu Apr 13 13:38:06 UTC 2006

Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>

>> As I stated, if the sha1sums check, the downloads are perfectly fine
>> and
>> there's no reason to re-download them; the problem would either be in
>>
>> the burner, the media, or the reader. Since with the nodma thing they
>>
>> checked out, I don't think it's the media; but I don't really know
>> what
>> the nodma switch does and why it is sometimes necessary, I'm sure
>> someone else on this list does.
>>

> Finally I got FC5_64 installed on the new PC.  It is working now but
> still having some problem.
>
> 1) The PC will hang occasionally during working, most the times on
> clicking the mouse pointer to start an application on Gnome desktop (no
> KDE desktop installed)
>
> 2) After booting up the PC and login Gnome desktop the mouse won't
> work.  It has to be plugged out and replug in to get it works.
>
> Any advice?  TIA
>
> B.R.
> SL

I have experienced  the mouse pointer problem. are you using nVidia
card? if so, I solved it by modifiing the /etc/X11/xorg.conf  file.
Under-- Section "Device"
Option "HWCursor" "Off"

after that mine looks like

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nv"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "nVidia Corporation C51 PCI Express Bridge"
        Option      "HWCursor" "off"
EndSection

--
Yonas Abraham, PhD