java, where is it ?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Apr 13 19:49:57 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 20:22 +0200, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> On Thursday 13 April 2006 20:01, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I upgraded my 64bit system to FC5 and I'm unable to start java apps.
> > I know that Fedora has the open source java included so I want to try it,
> > but can't find which package contains the java binary.
> >
> > Anyone knows ?
>
> Ah...very logical.....

The release notes, friendly, complete, and available as the default
Firefox homepage on a new install:

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc5/#sn-Java

You can learn more at:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JavaFAQ

The release notes these days are written by a large group of
contributors and are quite complete.  Always a great place to search
first for what has changed between releases.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE *    Sr. Editor   * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
Fedora Documentation Project http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/