FC5 install hangs before disk format

Cyrus A lists at rooseveltmedia.com
Fri Apr 14 00:02:30 UTC 2006

I've tried installing FC5 about a dozen times over the past couple of
days, but to no avail. I'm using the FC5 x86_64 DVD and installing on an
nforce4 AMD 64 X2 3800 processor architechture.

On the GUI install page reading "Fedora core 5 is ready for
installation. Click OK to continue", I click OK. The big screen-wide
progress bar appears but the system simply hangs. I know from experience
that the next thing that is supposed to happen is the / filesystem is
formatted, but the little window never comes up. The DVD simply spins
down and the system hangs forever.

Any thoughts?

Cyrus

p.s. I'm using 4 SATA drives, but I have tried disconnecting all but one
and still get the same problem. I have tried my DVD drive in both the
secondary and primary IDE channels.