Cups printer config.

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Apr 14 13:28:13 UTC 2006

Aaron Konstam wrote:

>>    I seem to have had this problem for ages but never did anything about
>> it, If I try to change a setting in http://localhost:631/admin I get
>> this error : 'server-error-internal-error' and the change does not
>> happen,anybody know how to fix it.

> http://localhost:631/admin options are mirrored in the other choices on
> the http://localhost:631 screen, What happens if you try one of the
> others , such as Manage Printers? What exactly are you trying to change
> at http://localhost:631/admin? There is nothing to change there.

I'm not sure what you mean.
I seem to get a whole lot of things I could change on this page,
eg add printer, manager printer, etc.
I'm asked for my CUPS login name and password when I try to do anything,
which I recall don't ever giving.
However, it seems to allow me to proceed with my own name and password,
which seems bizarre.

CUPS is a marvelous system when it is working,
but it is perversely difficult to set up.
It must have been designed by an alien.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366