pirut aggravations

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 14 18:47:08 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 14:17 -0400, Dan wrote:
> As I've noted above, give yumex a try, it's much further along in
> development, you might like it better. Takes a lot longer to read in
> the metadata though, cause it is very meticulous, but at least 0.99 is
> a lot more streamlined graphically than 0.44 was. And you can always
> turn off the refresh at startup.

Have they improved the behaviour since 0.44 that makes turning off
refresh a useless thing to do?  In as much that if you turn it off, sure
the program starts quick, but you can't do anything with it.  You have
to refresh to install/remove/update something.  Without it, all you have
are empty windows.  The only thing that you can do with it, in that
state, is adjust preferences or tick/untick repos.

I read messages from the public lists.