update notifier applet for FC5?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sat Apr 15 01:21:54 UTC 2006

Hi;

On Fri, 2006-14-04 at 18:22 -0400, nunoauboulot at netscape.net wrote:
> Is there an update notifier applet, like RHN applet, for FC5?
> Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
> Virtually Spam-Free | More Storage | Import Your Contact List
> http://mail.netscape.com

No; not yet.
I use Evolution and the fedora-announce-list at
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/

I just set up a folder in Evolution and filter anything from the
announce mailing list to the folder.  This is better than a panel
"thingy" waving or flashing or whatever.  The folder name becomes bold
when there is a new (unread) upgrade and allows me to read the email
announcement that goes with the upgrade(s).  Once yum or yumex has
downloaded, I mark them as read or delete them.

Regards Bill