Will you recommend fedora to a newcomer?

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Sat Apr 15 18:15:32 UTC 2006

>> On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 16:57 +0100, Leon wrote:
>>

>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> Lately, I have been bringing my laptop to work in my office in a
>>> Univ. My colleagues are amazed how pretty the os is (I use the default
>>> theme). I have shown them some of the greatest features of linux like
>>> the security issue and the vast of free software that do a better job
>>> than its windows counterpart.
>>>
>>> They are interested and want me to help them install linux to their
>>> laptop too. From my experience with FC5 since test1, I am not very
>>> confident. FC5 is great for experienced people who can fix some minor
>>> bugs but it doesn't seems to be a distribution to new users. I would
>>> now recommend them to use SuSE linux but would be good to hear your
>>> opinions.

i personally would suggest Ubuntu for a new user. it's very stable and
very user friendly. kubuntu is a fork of that project and even better.

--
\||/   jack wallen, jr                  || life's too short for pants
 00    soon to be head artist           || so get your skirt on @
  >    no really, an artist of heads -  || www.monkeypantz.net
 _     okay, okay...cosmetologist.      ||