Will you recommend fedora to a newcomer?

nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito linux at koolinus.net
Sat Apr 15 22:52:57 UTC 2006

Il giorno sab, 15/04/2006 alle 11.45 -0500, Lorin B Pino ha scritto:
> I am sending this from a machine running centos.  I would not recommend
> this for a total newbie, since the mail list community is geared more
> for enterprise users.  Some people are slightly hostile to newbie
> desktop questions.

Lorin, you can find any kind of person in any kind of place.
I try to be always educated in what i write and what to ask, and most of
the time i've been answered more politely than i was.

But back on topic i have been for the last 4 months a SUSE 10.0 user and
while the distro is the most polished out there in look & feel
sometimes, having to deal with yast (slow) repository sometimes is a
hassle (it's written the right way, isn't it ?).

Fedora has (with Fedora Tracker site) a great way to configure yum and
now yumex has grown enough to be be really user friendly.

I am afraid that after having added to the pool Ubuntu we are left out
of alternatives :-)

--
nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito
http://koolinus.wordpress.com     http://www.koolinus.net

"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy."
Linux Registered User #293182