faster bootup by not scanning for hardware changes?

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sun Apr 16 01:00:20 UTC 2006

On 15Apr2006 21:28, Jacques B. <jjrboucher at gmail.com> wrote:
| Unless I am mistaken, FC scans for any hardware changes on each
| bootup, correct?  How can I disable that so that it uses the hardware
| recognized in the last boot?

Well I just go:

	chkconfig --level 2345 kudzu off

| I'm guessing that would speed up the
| boot process.  I imagine that most users don't change their hardware
| very often.  If one could disable scan for hardware change and only
| enable it when a change occurs that would be great.

Works for me.

I'm sure it has downsides, but they must be fairly subtle since my
systems continue to run happily... I'd be happy to be further informed
on this point.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

When you come off a horse they say get straight back on, when you come off a
bike they say stay off..........Mothers..
        - Mark Trenter <MARK.TRENTER at tafensw.edu.au>