amavisd-new and clamav woes with FC5

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Sun Apr 16 15:58:26 UTC 2006

Previously I used the amavisd-new and clamav from RPMFORGE and since
their version hasn't been updated yet thought I'd give the version on
extras a try.  I haven't been able to get clamav to work.  Apparently,
the RPMFORGE version allows one to use /var/spool/amavisd/clamd.sock"
- but I haven't been able to find that file
in the extras version.  When I installed amavisd-new from extras, yum pull
the following packages as requisites:

amavisd-new-2.3.3-5.fc5
clamav-lib-0.88.1-1.fc5
clamav-server-0.88.1-1.fc5
clamav-data-0.88.1-1.fc5

I then thought, well maybe clamd.sock is in another package, so I
tried installing
clamav-devel and got the following:

Error: Missing Dependency: clamav-lib = 0.88-2.fc5 is needed by
package clamav-devel

Any sugguestions? Currently, I've disabled the virus checking.

Thanks!