partition management in linux

oleksandr korneta mai11ist at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 16 23:52:09 UTC 2006

Hello,

I got an additional harddrive installed in my machine.

The drive is split into two partitions.

hdb5 fat32 empty
hdb6 ext3 ~80% full

both are created inside the extended partition so they are secondary
partitions.
The goal is to delete the fat32 partition and extend the ext3 partition
to the whole drive without losing the data. There is no way for me to
backup this data - it is 200Gb drive. Neither gparted nor qtparted
cannot handle this task (I assume these are based on the same lib).
Presumably, parted will fail as well.

Is there any tool for linux (preferably opensource) that is capable of
accomplishing of this task?

thank you in advance

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./