trouble installing FC5 - dont believe media check fail!

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 17 09:12:58 UTC 2006

Russell Golden wrote:
> I downloaded Fedora Core 5 via BitTorrent, and when I burned the CDs and
> tested them, three of the five failed the media test. So I deleted the
> images off my hard disk and redownloaded, again via BitTorrent. The same
> three CDs failed the checksum again. Has anyone else had this problem,
> is the BitTorrent download corrupted, or is it just me? (please tell me
> it's just me)
1. What you should do is run the checksums on the iso file *before*
bothering to burn the CD.

2. The CD's media check fails sometimes even on good CD's.

3. Use the CD's you first made; unless you have a near to failing CD
drive, it is highly likely that the CD's you already made are right to go !

4. see http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111952741800002&r=1&w=2
and also the fedora-test list for more recent discussions.