FC 5 on Toshiba Satellite A105-S2021 15.4" Widescreen: Cant get X to work

"Finnur Ö. Guðmundsson" finnzi at finnzi.com
Mon Apr 17 20:48:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

I had the same problem on my workstation, a custom built PC using
Nforce4 chipset / Nvidia 6600GT videocard (and a 20.1" widescreen lcd).
I used text mode to install, booted to init 3 , grabbed the Nvidia
drivers from nvidia.com, installed all updates and installed
kernel-smp-devel, rebooted and ran the Nvidia installer and used
nvidia-xconfig to modify the default xorg.conf and then tweaked it
manually (for correct resolution). Then i was able to start X. I cannot
use the drivers that come with Xorg (atleast not nv, didnt try anything
else).

Anyone knows if there is a workaround for this during the install ?
...its not like it matters after you have installed the nvidia/ati
driver but this probably scares alot of people not used to work out
kinks on fresh linux box ;)...

Bgrds,

Finnzi