Problem on installing/running FC5 64 bit

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 05:11:03 UTC 2006

Hi yonas,

Tks for your advice.

> I have experienced the mouse pointer problem. are you using nVidia
> card?

Yes I use
Gigabyte GV-NX66256DP2 PCI-E card
Nvidia 6600 PCIE

> if so, I solved it by modifiing the /etc/X11/xorg.conf  file.
> Under-- Section "Device"
> Option "HWCursor" "Off"
>
> after that mine looks like
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "Videocard0"
>         Driver      "nv"
>         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
>         BoardName   "nVidia Corporation C51 PCI Express Bridge"
>         Option      "HWCursor" "off"
> EndSection

After editing /dev/X11/xorg.conf

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "nv"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600]"
         Option      "HWCursor" "off"
EndSection

Problem still occurred.  After working a while the mouse pointer hung
permanently.

[Ctrl]+[Alt]+F4/F2 has no function.  I have to hit the [reset] button.

Whether I need to amend following line;
BoardName   "nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600]"

Is "NV43" the model of my PCI-E card?  It was automatically assigned.

B.R.
SL