FC5_64 fails to start

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 06:13:10 UTC 2006

On 4/17/06, Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Kam,
>
> > I did a quick search and found a thread where one user had a mouse
> > cursor problem. Here was the solution offered:
> >
> > "had a similar problem on a system that uses an nVidia chipset.  The
> > workaround is to disable the hardware cursor in your X
> > configuration."
> >
> > You might give that a try.
>
> Tks.  I tried but it can't solve my problem.
>
> B.R.
> SL

When you boot press the "a" key to modify the kernel parameters for
grub. Add a space and  a "2" or a "3" to the end of the line and hit
return. If you append a "2" you boot into runlevel 2 which has
networking and X disabled. A "3" boots you into multiuser, networking,
and  no X. Since you say that you have not configured your networking
choose runlevel 2. You will need to use either vi or emacs to edit the
files.