mplayerplug-in problem

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Apr 18 20:23:06 UTC 2006

On Thu April 13 2006 18:59, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> It's said that the mplayer plugin off the fedora repos for FC5
> is bugged.  Best thing to do is to go here and replace what
> you have with this:
>
> http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/download.php
>
> See if that solves your problem.

You may recall that I tried your suggestion on my FC4 box, and it
worked. I've finally gotten around to trying it on my FC5 box,
but, while the behavior has changed, the video still won't play.
Instead of getting a momentary "buffering" message that quickly
changed to "stopped", now, I get a seemingly successful
connection to the video, and a message "playing" - the bottom
line of the plug-in window and the text in the dialog message
sort of 'shake' or quiver; nothing comes of it, however,
certainly no video. Tried the same link from my Windows machine,
and it plays fine.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA