fast user switching

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Apr 19 07:51:59 UTC 2006

Around about 18/04/06 20:27, Gérard Milmeister typed ...
> I think this was disabled in FC5, because of permission problems with
> devices etc...

   Yes, it was disabled for some reason.  I'd previously (FC4) an ang for FC5
recompiled xscreensaver [still better than the gnome one] to enable the
'new-login' button.  This still works a treat.

   However, the fast-user-switch applet which I've also recompiled, and worked
before, doesn't do anything when the new login option is selected (well, it
does lock the screen if that preference is on).  gdmflexiserver still works
fine from the command line.  I've not yet tried the menu-editing trick
mentioned previously.

   Any thoughts?  I tried to follow the code, but it's doing some GDM protocol
calls which I don't follow;  does that mean that the feature's compiled out of
gdm as well?

   Anyone know of a bugzilla for all this?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature