Where has genhdlist gone in FC5 ?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Apr 19 15:18:54 UTC 2006

KS> I wan't to add updates to my installtree and in FC3 i used
KS> genhdlist and pkgorder, but what are the routines for FC5 ?

You just need createrepo.  Run this in your updated tree:

createrepo -g Fedora/base/comps.xml `pwd`

You might be able to use "." instead of "`pwd`"; I just copied from
what buildinstall does.  And a hint: make sure you don't have any
other directories containing packages or symlinks to directories
containing packages, except for Fedora/RPMS; createrepo will pick up
every package it can get to from the current directory.

 - J<