Strange freezes on Fedora 5

Filippos Klironomos presariod at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 16:34:21 UTC 2006

Could you specify more on the system specifics? What type of hardware? I
have a Dell XPS that had regular freezes under FC5 and looking around the
internet I found that passing the "noapic" argument
on the kernel command line in /boot/grub/grub.conf has (up to now) solved
the problem.

This might be a good starting point for you as well. The enties that you
pasted below from /var/log/messages seem perfectly fine.  Try to look for
error/warning/fail messages. My problem
was closely associated with a message like this:

ata1: command 0x35 timeout, stat 0x50 host_stat 0x24

Hope this helps.
Filippos