Adding more screensavers in FC5

Oldman talbotscott at cox.net
Wed Apr 19 17:02:30 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 18:36 +0200, Ingemar Nilsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recetly tried adding more screensavers by installing the
> xscreensaver-extras and xscreensaver-gl-extras packages, but the Gnome
> screensaver still only allows me to choose from those that come with the
> gnome-screensaver package. I'm faily sure that I read at several sites that
> the Gnome screensaver would recognize screensavers from the
> xscreensaver-*-extras packages.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards
> Ingemar

	In the gnome-screensaver rpm there is a script named
migrate-xscreensaver-config.sh that will make the needed .desktop files
for you.

	The .xml files located in /usr/share/xscreensaver/config need to be fed
to the script so the output will be placed
in /usr/share/gnome-screensaver/themes directory.

So if you were to cd to the /usr/share/gnome-screensaver/themes, then
run: /path-to/migrate-xscreensaver-config.sh /usr/share/xscreensaver/config/*.xml
(you must be root to do this!).

Scott