livna vs. nvidia

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Apr 19 17:43:22 UTC 2006

Paul Lemmons wrote:
> Ok... this was a scary article...
>
> It does lead to another question though. I do have the drivers from the
> vendor installed. Do I need to uninstall them before I install the livna
> version? If so, how?

The advice from the article is:

.".. completely remove the 3rd party drivers
from your system, and then perform a full "yum update" to ensure
you have the latest Fedora Core supplied X packages installed.  After
doing this, do an "rpm -Va" of your whole system, in particular the
xorg-x11-*, mesa-* and lib* packages.  If there are any discrepancies
found in any of the Fedora supplied packages, in particular in libGL,
or the X server packages, remove them and reinstall them and reverify
that the files installed on your system are the ones shipped by
Fedora."

You should then be OK to install the livna package.

Paul.