Application installation problem in FC4

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Wed Apr 19 19:53:29 UTC 2006

sujit sugathan wrote:
> Hi Eeryone,
> I've downloaded KDE 4.0.2.But the problem is that i do not know how to
> go about insyalling it.Whenever i try to install the gcc file i get
> the error that files cannot be copied into the source directory.Can
> anyone please explain to me how to go about installing the gcc4.0.2
> tar file that i have with me.Should I first remove the older version
> of gcc first or should i go for an upgrade over the existing gcc.
> sujit
>
> --
> sujit
According to the other post from Paul Howarth, did you try running 'yum
update' as root to get the latest gcc?  There should be no need to
install the tarball for 4.0.2.  You also mentioned KDE 4.0.2, which
package do you want to install exactly?

--
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415