High load average (FC5)

nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito linux at koolinus.net
Wed Apr 19 22:32:55 UTC 2006

Il giorno ven, 14/04/2006 alle 16.36 -0400, Jeffrey Ross ha scritto:
> noticed this morning that the system is running with a reported load
> average of: 7.15, 7.26, 7.16

my 2 FC5 boxed had a "high" load of 2,something just browsing the
internet and chatting on IRC & some im's.

after having "killed" beagled and related helper on one of the box now i
have a more "manageable":

[nicola at cerebro ~]$ uptime
00:15:38 up 1 day, 14:04,  2 users,  load average: 0.82, 0.71, 0.65

... now i have to understand why on the laptop the Gnome System Monitor
says to me that i have 80% of disk usage {always simply browsing and
chatting}

--
nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito
http://koolinus.wordpress.com     http://www.koolinus.net

"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy."
Linux Registered User #293182