Missing dependency libpisock.so.8 for evolution

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Thu Apr 20 02:12:08 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 21:31 -0400, Erik Hemdal wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 19:59 -0400, Erik Hemdal wrote:
> > > Software Updater fails to apply updates on my system
> > because an update
> > > for evolution requires libpisock.so.8.
>
> > Erik,
> >
> > Sort of surprised you didn't see it since it has been consistently
> > posted about all day today....
> >

> Thanks Rob, for the reply.
>
> I checked again and noticed a new pilot-link next time; finally got this to
> update successfully.  I don't have any explanation about why I missed the
> postings.  Sometimes not all the posts get through to me, and occasionally
> list messages get flagged as spam, but I think I was just too tired to see
> it last night.

I figured as much....  The volume of this list makes it hard to
find/realize what is happening sometimes....  I've missed my share....
<big grin>

BTW, don't know if it helps you, it looks like there will be yet another
update to gnome-pilot coming soon to undo a patch that apparently should
not be there now that we have fortunately backpeddled on pilot-link....

--Rob