fedora and firefox + realplayer 10 smil streams @ 99%cpu

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Thu Apr 20 03:33:12 UTC 2006

Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> Skunk Worx wrote:
>> David Timms wrote:

>>> I do not have any real player installed, so that may be why I don't
>>> see what your seeing.

>>> :) is is worth a listen ?
>>>

>> No not really but I thought it was a decent test case :-) I'm guessing
>> it could be my cheapo mobo based video (the "via", unichrome driver).
>>

> John:
> It works for me, perhaps because RealPlayer isn't involved. When I
> clicked on the link, Firefox opened and invoked the MPlayer plugin. Got
> the short ad for some other NPR program followed by the story. top
> didn't show any unusual activity when I checked it.

It works fast once then goes to 99% CPU for 20-30 seconds on further
attempts to download helper-application content.

It's something fragged in the .mozilla directory. Changing users or
moving my .mozilla to something else, then allowing FF to regen, fixes it.

There's a lot of stuff in there, but for curiosity's sake I'll try
sniffing for whatever borked FF.

---
John