Laptop ACPI hangs[Scanned]

Arif Ali aali at ocf.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 10:31:07 UTC 2006

Hi list,

I have been using Fedora on my Laptop since Fedora Core 1 came out. I am
currently running FC5 with 2.6.15-1.1833_FC4 kernel.

Recently with FC4 and FC5 the kernels newer than 2.6.15-1.1833_FC4 seem
not to work my laptop. I have googled around with no luck.

The last message I see is

ACPI: Subsystem revision 20060127

with the latest kernel from FC5 (kernel-2.6.16-1.2080_FC5). and after
about 20 seconds the Fans speed up very heavily, and stays there.

I have tried the noacpi option, but then this takes out all the acpi
options which I would like to keep :).

I was wandering if anyone else out has had these poblems, and if yes,
how they have fixed it

thanks,

--
Arif Ali