partition management in linux - [solved]

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 12:15:55 UTC 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 13:00, oleksandr korneta wrote:

> since apparently no opensource piece of software is capable of
> accomplishing this task, I utilized proprietary tool. Acronis Disk
> Director from their Rescue CD did a good job. Now I have a single ext3
> partition and no data is lost. More than that, after resizing, the new
> partition doesn't contain any errors (checked by fsck.ext3) as it
> usually happens after using the Powerquest Partition Magic software.
>
> I'm kind of satisfied, but there is the feeling that we are missing
> something.

That's very interesting, because I'm sure I read somewhere that Acronis uses
linux to do the job.  If so, it should be possible to find what tool is being
used.

Just to confirm, Oleksandr, you did actually resize backwards?  That is from
the front of your ext3 partition to the beginning of the disk?

Anne