New thread, broadcom 802-11 related

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Apr 20 14:31:11 UTC 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 07:08, Claude Jones wrote:
>On Wed April 19 2006 12:50 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Don't ask me what I did this morning, but when I booted it, the
>> ethernet cable wasn't plugged in.  It all worked!!!!
>
>Never thought to mention this - that's the same behavior I get. If I
> try to connect with both the ethernet and the wireless ap turned on
> and connected, I generally don't get connectivity. I've gotten so
> used to turning one or the other off, that I didn't think to bring it
> up.

The other 'last piece' to this puzzle was that the WEP key was indeed
invalid because kwifimanager never added it to keys.wlan0 in the
network-scripts directory.  kwifimanager seems to be a good monitor
client, but not good for a lot of configuration related stuff.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: