Wireless Routers for Linux?

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Thu Apr 20 19:54:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:38:22 -0400
Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> opined:
> Can anyone suggest a "wireless" router they have had success with?
>
> I bought a Linksys WRT54g, gave up on it and returned it.  The
> installation software only works with Windows and our efforts at
> installing it on a Mac were frustrating to say the least. Tech
> support is through New Delhi, the people are fine but the language
> problem is near impossible!  That was replaced with a Belkin 54g
> which at least came with usable installation software  but the
> quality is poor,  I'm about to return the second one with an
> intermittent power connector which has been causing maddening
> problems.

Interestingly, that router has a Linux OS. If you REALLY like to
tinker, you might want to look into openwrt.

That said, my Netgear WGT624 works flawlessly. Logging sucks but,
otherwise, it's plug it in and bring up the web interface.  There's
really nothing to install.
--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
The Dirty Dozen Spammiest Ranges: http://tqmcube.com/dirty12.php