FC4->FC5 upgrade problems

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Thu Apr 20 19:53:07 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth wrote:

> I suspect anaconda is failing because when it's running, /mnt/disk1/usr
> is actually /mnt/sysimage/mnt/disk1/usr and hence /mnt/disk1/usr etc/
> cannot be found.
>
> You might work around this problem by getting rid of the bind mounts and
> using (relative) symlinks instead.

I used another approach in the past: comment the "bind" lines in /etc/fstab
and then start the upgrade normally and select the partition to upgrade.
After anaconda has mounted the partitions in /etc/fstab, you can
manually mount the "bind" ones by using the console you get on Alt-F2,
if I remember correctly.
Then you let anaconda go on.

Best regards.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it