NetworkManager tutorials?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 21 00:22:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 09:46 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I know that ndiswrapper generated some pretty vociferous condemnations
> from the GPL defenders, but it there's no other way to do it, what are
> we the users to do.

Not really wanting to open this debate again, but avoiding arguing about
the wisdom, or not, of GPL insistance (that's a whole other debate), and
just commenting on the other aspects around it...

      * Some distros may not be *allowed* to do something beyond their
        charter (whether that be by law, or by policy).  "Wanting" to do
        something that is technically possible may not even come into
        the equation.
      * We do have the option of using a different distro.
      * And, of course, there's the option of using different hardware
        (this isn't unique to Linux, even some Windows users will find
        that some devices just will not work on their systems).

I read messages from the public lists.