FC5 X can not started, it just black screen

Hou Xiang ZHU hou-xiang.zhu at st.com
Fri Apr 21 00:10:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

On my home PC, FC4 installed ok. but now when I try to install FC5, in
the beginning of installation,it can't use graphical mode to install,
since when I choose this mode to install, the LCD screen(ADI 700? 17")
becomes black and says "didn't support this display mode H:43.XXX
KHz,V:XX Hz"(can't remember exact value.). so I have to choose "linux
text mode " to install.

After I installed FC5, no X started. and when I try to startx,it says
the same and screen black. when I try to use "setup" to config X, it
also black screen. I also can't find XF86Config file to edit.

How can I config this LCD display ? during the installation, it detected
the ADI LCD(maybe incorrect model?).

Thank you!