FC5 Network nightmare

Antonio Montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 12:13:22 UTC 2006

2006/4/21, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at ces.clemson.edu>:
> On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
>
> > On my box acting as a router I have two NIC
> >
> > eth0 is the onboard NIC (marvell 1Gbit)
> > eth1 is the additional 10Mbit NIC (realtek 8029) for modem connection.
> >
> > Sometimes upon booting I cannot connect to the modem and also pinging
> > it is impossible, I get an ureachabale host.
> > I reboot the machine and it works...
> > I made a short investigation and
> >[...]
> >
> > I see that HWadrr and inet6 address are reversed..
> > what does it mean???? help please
>
> It means you need the initscripts from updates-testing:
>
>         yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update initscripts
>
> --
>                 Matthew Saltzman
>
> Clemson University Math Sciences
> mjs AT clemson DOT edu
> http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs
>
> --

more and more confused:

now I have in networking devices
Please read /usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt
# for the documentation of these parameters.
ONBOOT=yes
USERCTL=no
IPV6INIT=no
PEERDNS=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
IPADDR=192.168.0.1
HWADDR=00:11:d8:bf:9f:05

and in networking scripts....
Please read /usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt
# for the documentation of these parameters.
ONBOOT=yes
USERCTL=no
IPV6INIT=no
PEERDNS=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
IPADDR=192.168.0.1
HWADDR=00:11:d8:bf:9f:05

and if the issue is already known, where is the solution?? in
updates-testing initscript???
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag