Router as embedded Linux?

taharka res00vl8 at alltel.net
Fri Apr 21 13:55:19 UTC 2006

Howdy,

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 23:32 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Has anyone considered using a cheap router as a cheap embedded
> Linux machine? Or are the peripherals present just too skimpy?

Check this out, it's a post I made on March 1st ;-)

Tux-shaped computer runs Linux

Feb. 28, 2006

Acme Systems is shipping a Penguin-shaped case for a tiny SBC
(single-board computer) powered by an innovative MCM (multi-chip module)
that runs Linux. The 6.7-inch tall, 30-Euro "Tux Case" houses the
company's "Acme Fox," a 2.6 x 2.8-inch, 100-Euro, RISC-based board with
Ethernet and dual-USB interfaces, and surface-mount connectors for other
I/O.

Full article at; http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3880195342.html

> Mike

taharka