Missing Dependencies [monodevelop]

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Apr 21 15:14:37 UTC 2006

PFJ wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> However, when I try installing your gtksourceview-sharp package, i
>> get:
>> rpm -ivh gtksourceview-sharp-2.0-4.i386.rpm
>> Preparing...
>> ########################################### [100%]
>>         file /usr/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/vbnet.lang
>> from install of gtksourceview-sharp-2.0-4 conflicts with file from
>> package gtksourceview-1.6.1-1.fc5.1
>
> The file which is conflicting is one called vbnet. The version in
> gtksouceview-sharp is the same as the gtksourceview one. I wouldn't
> recommend it, but you can force the install (it causes no harm from my
> experience with this package)
>
> rpm -ihv --force gtksourceview-sharp*

I wouldn't recommend --force either. Although in this case it's probably
harmless, the need to use it is because of a packaging problem that
could be avoided by having the gtksourceview-sharp package exclude the
conflicting file (and require the package that includes it if it doesn't
already do so).

Paul.