USB problems under Fedora

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Apr 21 16:44:16 UTC 2006

John Wendel wrote:
> J.L. Coenders wrote:
>

> TIME TO UPGRADE!
>
> I wish I could help, but the only thing I can suggest is that you try a
> new kernel; you're 6 major revs back and no kernel developer is going to
> help you. The USB subsystem has had major surgery since this version was
> released.
>
> Regards,
>
> John

I will second that.  My USB works great since moving to FC4 from FC2.  I
cannot remember the last time I had to use the power switch to shutdown.

It sounds like you are getting a USB lock as the kernel is looking for
the USB device.  The process is waiting and this is what is causing the
system to seem to lock.  I am no expert and this is the way that I see it.
--
Robin Laing