Problem with 64bit Firefox and Thuderbird exiting

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Fri Apr 21 19:30:45 UTC 2006

"David W. Florence" <dwflo at comcast.net> wrote:

>Hope someone can help.
>Having this recurring problem with Firefox and Thunderbird exiting when
>clicking on some URL referrals. Some sites will not display, the
>applications will exit without any errors. Examples are planetamd64.com,
>freashmeat.org and Fox News Gretawire.
>Have posted a thread on the FedoraForum site, but no helpful replies.
>Searched Bugzilla, but nothing there. Have installed all the latest
>updates available, deleted profiles, did a fresh install of FC5 64bit,
>you name it, I have done it!
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Dave

Not seeing that on my laptop (single core AMD 64) running FC4 x86_64
(just updated to today's kernel) with 64 bit versions of Firefox and
Thunderbird.  All sites loaded correctly assuming you meant
freshmeat.net.  Any chance that this is a browser plug-in problem.  I
consider it a feature not to have flash installed.

Cheers,
Dave