Looking for fast way to check whether a DVD is well recorded

nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito linux at koolinus.net
Fri Apr 21 22:51:56 UTC 2006

Il giorno gio, 20/04/2006 alle 14.53 +0100, Paul Smith ha scritto:
> On 4/20/06, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca> wrote:

> > If you have the original ISO, then you can do a checksum of the images.
> >   Or mount the DVD and do a checksum of the individual files.

> > What do you have for a reference to compare to?

> Thanks, Robin. Actually, I do not have the originals. Someone recorded
> them for me on DVD+RW disks and for some of them vobcopy does not
> work, but it does work for one of them. Then, I am suspecting that the
> ones that fail with vobcopy are badly recorded.

Or simply there is an incompatibilty between the disk (and it's surface)
and the laser in the dvd reader.

I have at least 15/20 dvds burned on a machine, perfectly working on 4
of the 5 pc i have access to and that simply do not get recorgnized by
the 5th.

In the m$ world, btw, there are a number of utilities which can check
out the number of "read errors" or "bad crc", but they only refer to the
Orange books & similar about the standard of disk type. They not
guarrantee you'll see the file ...

--
nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito
http://koolinus.wordpress.com     http://www.koolinus.net

"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy."
Linux Registered User #293182