postscript

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Fri Apr 21 23:04:36 UTC 2006

On 21 Apr 2006 at 21:45, brouwers roland lx wrote:

From:           	brouwers roland lx <roland at cat.be>
To:             	For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Date sent:      	Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:45:06 +0200
Subject:        	postscript
Send reply to:  	For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
	<mailto:fedora-list-request at redhat.com?subject=subscribe>

> Hello,
>
> What do I want to do?
> Print a worddoc(Microsoft or openoffice) to a printer that will produce
> a ps, which has to be transformed to a pdf file, which will be send by
> email, as an attachment.

Is there a reason you don't just use the export option to export to pdf on the
file menu?

Or on the send option on the File menu, there is an option to send document
as a pdf attachment? I use it occassionally on my windows system with
OOO, also did the same with WordPerfect, but it required a special macro to
do the publisth to PDF then envoke the email program.

> I am searching the internet for days now, to find a way to produce a
> postscript file, without printing to a printer. This file can be
> transformed to pdf with ps2pdf.
>
> Or is there another way?
>
> Actually I want to configure a small linux installation, where every
> workstation, on the network, can send a file to a specified directory.
> Some program will pick up everyone of these files, produce a pdf and
> send it to an emailaddress as an attachment. You could think of this
> installation as a black-box(in: anydoc out:email-with-pdf-attachment)
>
> Thank for help
>
> Roland Brouwers
> C.A.T. bvba
> Antwerp-Belgium
> roland at cat.be
>
> --

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC Seti at Home Total Credits 744853.283084