dualhead xscreensaver???

oleksandr korneta mai11ist at fastmail.fm
Sat Apr 22 02:01:16 UTC 2006

on 04/21/2006 08:42 PM Marc Schwartz wrote:
> oleksandr korneta wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> I configured my xorg for dualhead layout with no xinerama. That means
>> that I have 2 separate screens (:0, :1) now. For some reason, the
>> xscreensaver is not working in that mode. It neither runs the
>> screensaver, nor locks the screen as specified. DPMS is working fine
>> thought.
>>
>> If I force the screen to lock (from xscreensaver-demo) it works fine. Is
>> there anything I am missing for this type of layout, or is there at
>> least some kind of log file where I can trace what is causing the problem?
>>
>> thank you in advance
>
> I have had the same problem on FC3 and FC4 without success. I have not
> yet updated to FC5, due to insufficient time, to try it there.
>
> I have since begun using TwinView (nVidia's xinerama mode), where the
> screensaver kicks in just fine.
>
> Not sure what to tell you there relative to a solution. I had posted in
> several places about it, without a satisfactory resolution being offered.
>
> At least you are not alone...  :-)

so it like... "welcome to the club..."
That sucks. Just wondering what would happen if I try running
xscreensaver at specific screen, like

DISPLAY=":0.1" xscreensaver

I'm going to check this out later.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./