cant determine ip on dhcp, means no network

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sat Apr 22 02:15:07 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 18:16 +0200, sagaris wrote:
> it seems i cant explain my problem correctly. when i use fc4 i dont have any problem wiht internet and i dont make any set ups for my modem or for my connection. i just wrote the "pppoe" for information. i can use my connection in fc4 wery well without any problem and i did have an ip adress, even i did open ports for torrent in fc4.
> now my problem in fc5, the network manager cant get an dhcp connection and a mask ip. when i said ip i dont mean my real ip i mean an mask ip which is for example 10.0.0.15.
> also i dont care if i had an ip or anything. i just need my network internet connection and i cant get it...

You do not use DHCP with a PPPoE network.  They are different and do not
play nice in the same sandbox.

If you connect using PPPoE then PPPoE needs to get the ip address.  You
will have to configure it to make the connection similar to what you has
set up in FC4
Until you configure the PPPoE link and get it to connect I fear you will
remain blind.