abiword for FC5.ppc -- odd glitch in updating

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sat Apr 22 16:12:57 UTC 2006

Followups set to gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general

I'm not sure whether this is a Fedora question, an abiword question -- or
a minor glitch not worth posting.

I just finished upgrading a G3 iBook from FC4 to FC5; took forever, even
from a DVD, but went OK. Then, of course, I immediately became root and
did yum update. That got as far as asking me do it, y/n?, and then failed
on abiword.

I went into /etc/yum.conf, added a line saying exclude=abiword, and
immediately did yum update again.

It ran, and completed. Then I ran yum update a third time, again
immediately.

Now it got exactly one app : abiword.ppc 1:2.4.2-7.fc5 --
which may be compared to the abiword-2.4.4-2.fc5 that rpm -q shows on one
of my FC5 PCs.

I have no idea what's going on. If anything changed it the repos between
the runs, it may be pure glitch. If so, my apologies for wasting bandwidth.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Wordcrafty Squirreler
FC5; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3; CXO 5.0.1