Can't connect to port 25 from another system

Gbenga Shobowale gshobowale at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 18:09:23 UTC 2006

On 4/22/06, Debbie Deutsch <fedoralist at ddeutsch.org> wrote:
> Alastair Neil wrote:
> > Did you check hosts.allow and hosts.deny in /etc?
> >

> Thanks for the suggestion.  I am still somewhat noobish and those files
> were new to me.  Thanks for teaching me.  :-)
>
> Both files had only comments.  They were not the source of the problem.
>
> However, I may have some progress to report.  I can now successfully
> telnet to my system and (by hand) send mail to an account there.
> Hooray!  I am not certain what fixed that.  I did reboot after sending
> my email.  Maybe something got reset.

I know you would say you have tried this but I think you should check Iptables
stop the service and then also don't let Iptables start on reboot
chkconfig --level 5 iptables off
then test again...
I just want to be sure its not Iptable..from all you have said it
should be working also if you can post the log files