[SOLVED] Re: USB problems under Fedora

J.L. Coenders fedora at universalgrid.nl
Sat Apr 22 17:21:08 UTC 2006

> John Wendel wrote:
> > J.L. Coenders wrote:
> >

> > TIME TO UPGRADE!
> >
> > I wish I could help, but the only thing I can suggest is that you try a
> > new kernel; you're 6 major revs back and no kernel developer is going to
> > help you. The USB subsystem has had major surgery since this version was
> > released.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > John
>
> I will second that.  My USB works great since moving to FC4 from FC2.  I
> cannot remember the last time I had to use the power switch to shutdown.
>
> It sounds like you are getting a USB lock as the kernel is looking for
> the USB device.  The process is waiting and this is what is causing the
> system to seem to lock.  I am no expert and this is the way that I see it.
> --
> Robin Laing

I have solved the problem by downgrading back to an earlier installed kernel.
None of the problems occur with this kernelversion:

$ uname -r
2.6.9-1.6_FC2

I am going to upgrade to FC5 soon anyway, when I have the time, but it seems
that the newer legacy kernel for FC2 is broken.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Jeroen